3.15.2013

Pondering Jesus's Passion

My daughter, today consider My Sorrowful Passion in all its immensity. Consider it as if it had been undertaken for your sake alone (Christ to St. Faustina, 1781).

Jesus, I'm grateful for all that You suffered for me. Yet I'm afraid I can't fully understand all that Your love endured. Please enlighten me. Help me to know Your greatest suffering. Was it the rejection? I think so. And You endured that for me? Yes. But I caused it, too? Yes, it's true. I've so often subtly rejected You. I'm sorry, Jesus. I'm sorry for drifting from Your love and for not taking time to ponder it. Help me, Lord, to know and experience Your love more deeply. Have compassion on my hardened heart, so I can feel more compassion for You. (Meditation by Fr. Michael Gaitley, MIC)



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...