3.12.2013

Bearing crosses

"I do not ask, Lord, that You take me down from the cross, but I implore You to give me the strength to remain steadfast upon it" (St. Faustina, 1484).

Lord, St. Faustina is a great saint. I'm not. Sometimes I complain about even the littlest crosses in my life. Well, as You gave Faustina the grace to accept her big crosses, please give me the grace not to complain about my little ones. You are so merciful that You forget what a complainer I've been. Today, Lord, I begin again. Out of love for You, I will try to give You a smile when I feel the splinters from the Cross. And if I have to begin again tomorrow, I won't get discouraged. After all, You love little souls most especially, and I'm certainly much smaller than Faustina. (Meditation by Fr. Michael Gaitley, MIC)


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...