2.11.2014

Eight Years

Dave is a "think outside the box" type, so he put an "I love you" post-it note in my jar of coconut oil this morning, and spelled out "Happy Anniversary" on every egg in our refrigerator. He also changed my blog button on my internet browser to "Happy Anniversary." I've been inspired by and attracted to this creative bent ever since we met.

I read that bronze is a traditional 8th anniversary gift, and that seems about right to me: beautiful, yet durable- nicely analogous to our marriage after eight years.



Please say a prayer for my friend Katrina who is in labor with her 3rd child (Shaela) a month early. We're taking care of their two little boys right now. St. Gerard Majella pray for them!

Katrina (and Shaela!) at her baby shower Sunday.



6 comments:

Dave said...

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O, no! it is an ever-fixed mark,
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wandering bark,
Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.
Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
Within his bending sickle's compass come;
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
But bears it out even to the edge of doom.
If this be error and upon me proved,
I never writ, nor no man ever loved.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary you love birds! Hey - go crazy and celebrate with a refined sugar-coffee-white rice-rum cake! (eww - nevermind).

What's Cookin? said...

Haha. Thanks Anonymous. My body would probably go into shock from all that goodness, I mean grossness.

mom said...

Ahhhh--happy memories of snowgedon and bridesmaids bouquets "on ice" in the garage. Tried to find something healthy to eat in your honor, but the cupboard is bare--hoisting a Glenmorangie!

Pop Pop said...

As for me, I am toasting the happy couple with some Robitussin (and, if truth be told, a glass of Shotfire Shiraz). Happy Anniversary to a wonderful, blessed pair.

Nat said...

Happy Anniversary! I toasted you on the couch while watching Captain Philips. Highly recommend it, btw:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...