3.25.2013

Gratitude

"I saw Jesus riding on a donkey's foal, and the disciples and a great multitude with branches in their hands joyfully accompanying the Lord Jesus. Some strewed them before His feet where He was riding, while others raised their branches in the air, leaping and jumping before the Lord and not knowing what to do for joy. ... But Jesus was very grave, and the Lord gave me to know how much He was suffering at the time. And at that moment, I saw nothing but only Jesus, whose Heart was saturated with ingratitude" (St. Faustina, 642).

Dearest Jesus, my heart is heavy also. I know that in just a few days You will enter into Your agony. And, even now, You are burdened by the ingratitude and lack of trust of others. But here I am with You, walking somberly beside You, as You ride into the holy city. May my presence here alongside You bring a smile to Your eyes and joy to Your heart, even if only a little. (Meditation by Fr. Jim McCormack, MIC)


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...