8.13.2020

Hello again, and pickles

Last night Dave put a bug in my ear about resurrecting this blog. I grumbled about Instagram and all the new platforms for documenting life in the 2020s, making blogs obsolete. But it hit me that the nice thing about the antiquated blog is the relative privacy and slower pace (and, unlike Photo Stream, the space for pontificating and extended commentary). An Instagram or Twitter post is instantly seen by anyone and everyone who wants to see it. Only you, dear family readers, are given this instant access to our family blog, because I put you on my email list. The pressure is substantially less.

I won't try to fill you in on the past three years. Instead, I'll pick things up now, today, in our kitchen. It's a rainy day, so several children are taking on culinary projects. Rose is making banana cream pie, and David got some Ball jars with lids for his birthday is tackling pickles. 





"Homeade"! (like lemonade)
"Homeade"!

In other news, Gabriel had his first dental appointment (during COVID no less...quite a milestone). He was a bright-eyed and cooperative patient.

Waiting expectantly for his prize.


Happy gloomy day!

3 comments:

Chris Cook said...

Nice to have the blog back. Thanks. And, I am sure the pickles are the best.

Cara's Dad said...

This is the first thing I will read every day if you'll write it, Cara. You have a wonderful literary style and a wonderful family. That's a recipe for something delicious! Like David's pickles (I hope). Keep it up!

Cara said...

Aw, thank you Cara's Dad! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...