3.06.2017

Happy Birthday, Mommy!



A Happy Birthday note from Gabriel

Dear Mommy,

Happy Birthday! I am so happy that I am going to clap many times for you today.

I love you very much, which is why I start to miss you in the middle of the night! It's also why, since I learned to crawl, I like helping you organize the kitchen! I don't know if you knew this, but there's a lot of space to put stuff on the floor. You don't need to keep everything in the cupboards and drawers. Also, your paper bags are much too dry; but I've got some drool to help you remedy that problem.

I also wanted to take this opportunity to voice some concerns to you: First, I do not like other babies being up in my space, especially in my own house. There's one little girl who comes over who is especially abusive. Please fix that. Second, you keep closing the doors to the bathrooms. I want to help you organize the toilets in there, but I can't if you don't give me access.

Most of all, I want to let you know how happy you make me. You're my best friend, by far. Sometimes I take issue with always smelling like your perfume or deodorant, but most of the time it gives me comfort in knowing you are always close by.

Love, your son,

Gabriel

PS: More rice puffs.

PPS: Please teach Rose the proper way to feed a baby.

4 comments:

Hilary said...

Ha ha this is such a great post, Dave! And a great photo, too. Cara - you are indeed a blessing to all who know you. You're a gentle, loving mother and a warm, loyal sister. Wishing you a very happy birthday - I know the cake Frankie made was superb:-).

Love you! Hilary and the Towers kids

grandmommy said...

Gabriel, what a keen observer of life you are, and how truly refined your literary style! Give mommy a kiss for grandmommy and poppop--but no biting!

What's Cookin? said...

Thanks guys, and thank you Dave- this made me laugh :) You do indeed have an insightful eye on life and the hilarities of raising lots of littles. You're also a very thoughtful gift-giver. Looking forward to my new necklace once Teresa puts it together!

Chris Cook said...

Such a great description of the precious (and fleeting) times with a baby in the home. Have a wonderful birthday, and enjoy being with your beautiful family.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...