4.29.2014

Eyes, cake and crocheting (kind of a gross title...sorry)

It's been a busy week. David's surgery Friday went very well, and everything has happened just as the doctor predicted. His eyes, though still red and swollen, are clearly straightening out. It's pretty incredible that after a 3 hour surgery he could leave the hospital the same day and have newly minted eyes! Modern medicine is amazing. Thank you all who prayed (and continue to pray) for him (and me!)- it looks like a very good outcome for his eyes, and I couldn't have asked for more calm, peace and positive energy (i.e. grace) during that long day in the hospital.

Celebrating friend Katrina's birthday. I love that Rhett is the only one smiling for the camera.

Guarding the birthday cake.

You can see his eyes, though still red and puffy, look straight! I'll have to do a before/after picture once the redness has cleared.

"That was a hard row!" Did you know that Dave and Frankie crochet now? The past three nights I've found Dave on the couch crocheting.  He taught me how last night. We joked that I'll get him nice crochet needles for Father's Day, but I don't think it's a joke anymore. Thanks for a new hobby, Lola!

1 comment:

Dave said...

Re: Cara in the hospital: It's an amazing thing to see the superhuman strength, endurance and focus that a mother can evoke when her children are in need. I've seen that many times with Cara over the course of our marriage.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...