6.06.2013

C'est la vie

All day has been cloudy, breezy and a cool 73 degrees. Heavenly pre-thunderstorm weather. A nice follow-up to a day like yesterday. 

Have you ever had one of those days when everything seems comically stacked against you? I drove to a far-away appointment to find that my neurologist forgot to order a blood test I've been waiting weeks for. On the way to getting my blood drawn again, a piece of a filling popped out of my tooth. The day wasn't completely lost; God in His mercy granted me an opening at my dentists' office, so I was able to skeedaddle from the lab tech's needle to my dentist's drill within the same hour. And for that I am grateful. But my nighttime mouthguard (I grind) doesn't fit anymore because the new filling sticks out a little further than the old one. Does it sound like I'm complaining?

Not much progress, sigh.  But we are getting a lot of counting done.

We have a climber on our hands. She scales every flat surface in her range, and she scoots chairs to scale high-up things too. Good thing she has a lot of cushioning.


One of our favorite soups is simmering on the stove, and bread is about to go in the oven. Musing on yesterday at a safe distance, I'm quite content and grateful. 

Love this :)



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...