11.10.2011

Dinner table conversation

Teresa: "I've got a baby in my tummy."
Frankie (leaning toward T): "I'm gonna take your baby."
Teresa: "No! Don't take my baby, I just put it there."
Frankie (reaching under T's shirt): "I'm gonna take it!"
Teresa: "Well, I'm going to the store to get another one."

******
I stifled a smile hearing this. I couldn't help letting the exchange brighten my spirits a tad. I was still fuming from letting the tub overflow while Teresa was in it earlier, causing a waterfall from our basement bathroom ceiling. Let's see, water disaster number 36 in the Cook household? Does one need to call a professional when one knows water is in one's ceiling and walls? After the rain deluge months ago that left our basement flooded and ripped apart, I'm leaning toward letting tonight's water just dry on its own (will it?). Unless someone out there tells me otherwise.


1 comment:

Nat said...

I laughed out loud reading this. It's a little morbid, but funny nonetheless!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...