8.16.2012

Potatoes

We went out at about 9:30 this morning to dig up our potato patch. The girls dug enthusiastically for about 5 minutes. Then it got hot. I spent the next 20 minutes by myself with the sun beating down on me, sweat trickling down my back, retrieving our crop. I tried to get inside the head of a 19th century Irish (or Scottish?) farmer. Digging potatoes is not romantic. One of the biggest challenges is getting them out without cutting them with your shovel.  
Last year's crop.

I think we'll have this tomorrow.


2 comments:

Nat said...

Those were some darn good potatoes. I'll have to grow some next year and hope the neighborhood dogs don't pee on them.

What's Cookin? said...

They were good! Hm, natural fertilizer? You could
just cook 'em a little longer to make sure.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...