4.01.2011

What possesses a three year old to....?

When Dave and I walked into the girls' room this morning I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Frankie was in Teresa's crib, scissors in hand, with most of Teresa's locks in piles surrounding them. Dave and I looked at each other. He pulled me by the hand to our room where we started snickering quietly, careful not to give Frankie any indication that we were amused (albeit horrified) by the scene.

Dave had words with her. She's on dessert probation for a week. And scissors? They don't exist in our house anymore.

I collected Teresa's lovely baby curls and put them in a pile. As I carried her to the bath she simply said, "My hair hurts." And indeed, it had been murdered.



6 comments:

Dave said...

Lola: Francesca, you cut Teresa's hair?
Francesca: Yes.
Lola: Does she look pretty?
Francesca: Well, not anymore.

Kate said...

I have no words for this - I cannot imagine to waking up to this playing out this morning!! I was just telling Dave - no doubt this is getting mentioned in one sister's maid of honor speech to the other... unbelieveable...

Anonymous said...

Success, Frankie - you can see her eyes now!!

:-)Auntie Hilary

Missy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Missy said...

Well, I am on my way to get my hair cut - by a professional.

I think at Easter I need to give Frankie my speech about "Some things are left to professionals, I never cut or color my own or others hair, I let the dentist ... "

Wow - ok - Frankie and Hoyt must hve their energy for good or the world is in trouble ;

grandmommy said...

Audrey Hepburn, Gregory Peck--scissors.
This has happened before. Now's your chance Teresa-- break the shackles of your mundane world, don your tutucoutour and soar! No one will recognize you til the end of the movie.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...